Wednesday, July 22, 2009

New Music - Toby Madigan

Toby Madigan

Just this week I discovered a new artist of whom I am pretty fond. Toby Madigan is a hot little number, and doesn't seem to have any issues letting his fans see it. He is an out performer, and was arrested at a No On Prop8 rally in California.

Toby Madigan
Toby Madigan Toby Madigan

According to the website, Toby splits his time between West Hollywood and NYC. He has released his first indie offering, Left Brain/Right Brain. Chatroom Romance is now starting to get some play on LOGO, although I am also fond of Somebody. I have DL'ed the CD, which you can do directly from his website. I like it very much, especially Somebody (I Can Talk To), The Rest of Me,One Last Time, and Something Was Missing. It is a strong first effort, moving from the fun Chatroom Romance to some serious tales of love. Toby is at his best when speaking from his heart, as some of his more politically charged lyrics come out a bit stilted, which is not usually the case in his lyrics. It is a wonderful first effort, and I look forward to hearing more as he matures as an artist. On YouTube, there is also an interesting acoustic version of Madonna's Like A Prayer, singing with the star of High School Musical Tour, Arielle Jacobs.



You can find out more about Toby at his website.

1 comment:

  1. Sara, thanks for stopping by and for leaving your kind words. I hope you continue to enjoy yourself and some of the music I offer up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails