Monday, September 14, 2009

Giving Up My Gay Card

Gay Card

So this weekend I did not watch the VMAs, I was too busy with other things. I had a kids birthday party to attend [his 16th, so he got an iTunes gift card], and lots of things to watch. And most lead to my gay card being withdrawn.


Juan Martin Del Potro

Saturday night was particularly fun, the start of my sports weekend. I spent much of the day keeping track of the rain delays for the US Open, and watched the sexy Juan Martin Del Potro defeat Raphael Nadal. Damn he was hot!



Jeff Gordon, top, and Brian Vickers, botttom.

At the same time I was watching the Serena Williams/Kim Clijsters match, I was also watching the final NASCAR race before the start of 'The Chase.' Yes, I not only enjoy racing, I have actually been to several of them. My favorite driver is Jeff Gordon, who is so damn good looking, and has a gorgeous model/wife. I was also happy to see Brian Vickers make it in to The Chase, and Kyle Bush not! Brian is cute and I have been a fan since he was the 2003 Busch Series Champion. I was a bit disappointed when he left Hendrick Motor Sports - it was easier when he and Jeff were on the same racing team - but he has done well with the Red Bull Racing Team.

Chris Galippo Matt Barkley

Top L to R: Joe McKnight, Chris Gallipo & Matt Barkley; Bottom: Coach Carroll

I was also watching college football, the USC/Ohio State game in particular. It was a great game, exciting to the final USC drive lead by the freshman quarterback. The post-game press conference with USC's Joe McKnight, Chris Gallipo and Matt Barkley was so easy on the eyes. And I have had a thing for USC coach Pete Carroll.


Roger Federer
Novak Djokovic, top, and Roger Federer, bottom.

Sunday was back to the US Open, watching Roger Federer defeat Novak Djokovic in an amazing match. And Kim Clijsters took the Women's title in only her third tournament after a 3-year retirement and having a baby. There was also pro football, but I do prefer the college game.

Wii Sports Tennis

In between all this, I tried to slide in some eating, playing on the Wii (pretending I was Roger Federer playing tennis), and catching up on my blogging. In fact, as I was writing this, I missed HGTV Design Star. No VMAs, no Design Star... I am a bad gay! I fully expect that once the executive team reads this blog, they take away my gay card!

7 comments:

  1. Sports?
    Honey.....no........no.
    But wait, pictures of shirtless hotties?
    Oh......okay.....now I'm getting it.
    I've spoken with the board and you will be allowed to keep your gay card. It was a close vote, with the NASCAR thing and all, but the hotties more than make up for it.
    Congratulations and Welcome Back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your gay card MUST be taken away. LOL. I don't follow any sports (but I appreciate the men--yummy). But, if you enjoy them, have fun! We all have our passions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Maybe they'll give you a weekend deferment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete is actually a very handsome man, I see him all the time on campus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howard, I think you gay card is safe. If you had simply told us about the events it might have been in question, but the pics of hotties cement your gayness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob, thanks for reconsidering and helping with the Board. LOL

    Michael, but my sportsmen are all so pretty...

    Beth, I am hoping Bob helped me out with all that.

    Wonder Man, I bet he is gorgeous in person.

    Kyle, thanks for understanding. Pictures of hot boys trumps all, doesn't it? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juan Martin Del Potro - major hottie. I was catching the game while at the gym.....ummmm! Yummy! I am a big fan of tennis - I play (well not as often as I once did), and I am a member of the tennis club. Last weekend gave me inspiration- but it was short lived. I got side tracked and went for sushi instead!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails