Friday, September 4, 2009

Worth Another Listen - Prefab Sprout


I was such a fan of Prefab Sprout way back when, and was snagged by the pure pop magic they made. When Love Breaks Down came out in 1985, and I was so there and bought the Steve McQueen album. It was produced by Thomas Dolby, featured earlier on the blog. I have to admit, however, that I lost track of the band in the early 90s, and assumed they were history. In writing this post, I discovered they released music in the 2000s, and are working on some new stuff.



The following is The King of Rock 'N Roll, from the 1988 album, From Langley Park to Memphis.



The 'unofficial' web home for Prefab Sprout can be found here. Their MySpace page can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. Another on of my faves. I recently downloaded this song fron Itunes and had this initially on mix tape. It was Top 40 in the UK and a minor hit there - I remember my sister loving this song and then it grew on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their new album is out next week ,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails