Tuesday, October 20, 2009

GLEE TV - Casting News



UPDATE: More Casting news here. It is the latest from December 2009.

EW.Com has announced Jonathan Groff is joining the cast of GLEE for an extended run. Jonathan was in the original Broadway Cast of Spring Awakening with Lea, and
EW has exclusively learned that Lea Michele’s Spring Awakening co-star, Jonathan Groff (seen most recently in Ang Lee’s Taking Woodstock) is coming on board Glee for five or six episodes playing the lead male singer of Vocal Adrenaline, the group already seen performing “Rehab” and “Mercy.” Says Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy, “He is a male diva…a miva.” Groff’s character will also serve as a potential love interest for Michele’s Rachel.



I am saw them in Spring Awakening and thought they were outrageously good together. You can click here for the link to EW.Com.

In other news about GLEE from EW, Joss Whedon is set to direct an episode.
If I hadn’t been warming to Glee already, this for sure would’ve begun defrosting me: Dollhouse-keeper Joss Whedon has agreed to direct one of the back nine episodes that Fox just ordered.

Whedon is best known as the writer/director for shows such as Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the fantastic Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. For more on this news item, click here.

9 comments:

  1. Being a Gleek, I'm always up for the Glee News.
    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, I hear you. You are welcome, and I am eager to find more every chance I get.

    Wonder Man, it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... Joss Whedon.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE YOU JONATHAN GROFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I can't believe I never made the connection before! I saw spring awaking and I knew Jonathan Groff looked familiar! Wow small world!! I was practically fron row too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon, I loved him in Spring Awakening, and on GLEE as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails