Friday, October 23, 2009

Worth Another Listen - Looking Glass




Their sound epitomized the sound of the Jersey show in the 70s, and their sales defines one hit wonder. Looking Glass formed in 1969, and in 1972 released Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) which became the #1 song of summer the the fall of that year. Looking Glass were Elliot Lurie with lead vocals and guitar, Lawrence Gonsky on keyboards, Pieter Sweval on bass and Jeff Grob on drums. Lurie's voice was hard to forget, although follwoing his time with Looking Glass, he tried a solo career that didn't work, and eventually was involved in the production end of music.



2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you still remember them. I loved that song. I have the 45 rpm! :)Great tune and piece of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Stan, I remember them. My sister had their album, and I can never forget Elliot's voice.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails