Tuesday, February 16, 2010

DVD Release - Pandemonium




The Pet Shop Boys released Pandemonium Live, The O2 Arena, London, 21 December, 2009, a DVD/CD combination of the live performance, in the UK yesterday, February 15th. It will not be released in the US until March 23rd.
The DVD includes the full Pandemonium show filmed by David Barnard who directed Pet Shop Boys' Cubism DVD. The sound has been mixed for DVD by Dave Woolley. There are also seven DVD extra features: My girl and It doesn't often snow at Christmas (Live at the O2); the music videos for Love etc., Did you see me coming? and All over the world; the complete 2009 Brits Awards performance, featuring Lady Gaga and Brandon Flowers; and an audio commentary by Pet Shop Boys and stage designer Es Devlin.
The CD includes 17 songs from the show (the full show is too long to fit on a single CD) and has been mixed by Stuart Price.

The trailer below is like a phenomenal walk down memory lane. And it is amazing to me how songs I remember still sound so current - they were a group ahead of their time. As the video moves through the parade of songs, I can't help but think how they mark specific times of my life, yet still sound as fresh today as they did then.



Check out the Boys official website here to see about ordering your copy.

2 comments:

  1. Howard, they have always been ahead of their time. I can imagine moments in my life by their music as well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails