Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Video - Jedward




OK, if you weren't keeping up with Simon Cowell's UK series X-Factor, you have no idea what Jedward is. And there is every possibility after watching this video, you might wish you still didn't. Jedward is the mashed up name of Irish twins John & Edward Grimes, cute and fun-loving blond boys with lots of moxie, who took most of the oxygen out of the show when they were sent home. I mean, once they left, and people figured out Danyl Johnson was all about the audition, and then petered out. Sure, they might not be the best singers in the world, or even close, but the boys know how to entertain, and have the relentless energy and joy only a teenager can bring. Sure, they might have more mousse in their hair than vocal chops, but for the moment, I am on board. I am telling you, I think their joi de vivre is contagious, and I got infected.



So, they released their first single on Sunday, a mash-up of Under Pressure and Ice, Ice, Baby and the video came out today. Well, aside from the boys making giggle cause they are acting like total twinks at a party, the inclusion of Vanilla Ice was a brilliant stroke by producers. Because just in case you think you are taking them a bit too seriously, enter Vanilla Ice to give them noogies on camera. The more I watch, the more I laugh. That, my friends, is entertainment. LOL



I am telling you, the tongue in cheek nature of the whole think makes this effort 1000 times better than the original in my book, and I can't wait to see what comes next for the boys. If you are so inclined - and I obviously am myself - you can find out more about the boys at their website - PlanetJedward - here. You can also follow them on Twitter, as their Tweets have been amusing me for weeks. Special thanks for ElectroQueer for the tip on the video - visit his site, it is very good.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a clip of a performance of them from X. It was bad, very gay(as in very queer), yet semi homoerotic in an incestuous way. I still don't know how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle, I didn't love them on the show, but then again thought they were the only contestants with an ounce of charisma - it was a bad year on X-Factor. I love this video, and gotta give them credit for making it work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video is so good, i am going to see Jedward on the 20th of November 2010 and i can't wait. xxxx
    Love you Edward and John. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails