Friday, August 13, 2010

One Week & Counting till Theo Tams

Photobucket
theo tams

In one weeks time, I will be basking in the post-show glow of my very first Theo Tams show. Next Thursday night, I have a ticket for his show at the Lebovic Centre for the Performing Arts, and I am so very excited. I will be driving to the Toronto area while his Taking It All Back tour is in the area. I plan to take advantage, and catch two or three shows while I am there. I will be bringing my Theo-stuff hoping to get it signed. You see, at heart, I am a big fan of Theo, and have been hoping to get the chance to see him perform live since first discovering the 2008 Canadian Idol winner. The first song I heard was the single Lazy Lovers, which you can see him performing live here.



I have his post-win release, Giving It All Away, as well as his pre-Idol EP, Unexpected. I also have the book that was published about him after the win. I was thinking of which songs I would enjoy hearing, and just about any will do. I really have so many favorites! I will be bringing my camera and a videocam, hoping to catch something worthwhile I might be too excited to get anything worthwhile, but will try. Here he is singing Blacklight, a song from the EP.



This will also mark my first time visiting Canada, so that is exciting as well. It seems strange, since I lived in Vermont, just about an hour from the border, and never made it there. I look forward to seeing Toronto, and am sure I will have a great time, meeting some Theo fan's I have met online!

5 comments:

  1. Howard, by the time the show is over, you will be grinning from ear to ear (and that grin may stay there all weekend), totally overwhelmed, and probably squashed by a Theo bearhug after the show too. ;)

    Blacklight has some awesome lines in it - "I had the best of intentions in giving you a second chance, telling myself I walked right into the knife you stabbed in my back" and "Well you sat around waiting for perfect when almost-perfect walked right by".

    Looking forward to meeting you!! :)

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I look forward to meeting you and other Canadian Tams-manian Devils! And I bet I will be all about the perma-grin for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so lucky. He's cute and talented. Take a lot of pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonder Man, I am lucky indeed. I am going to see/hear a fantastic artist, and hope to get the chance to meet him. I've been a fan for more than a year now, so it is about time! And I plan on taking lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonder Man, we are going to make sure that Howard meets him! In fact, Theo himself will probably make sure! :) He knows how supportive Howard has been, how far he is driving to see him, and what a big fan he is. Theo is very sweet like that.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails