Thursday, February 3, 2011

Live Music - Jónsi Live at the Wiltern

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I was very excited to get the notice from Jónsi that the amazing out Icelandic artist was releasing a special live CD/DVD on iTunes available only in the US & Canada, taped at the Wiltern Theater in Los Angeles, California, during his 2010 US tour. I didn't get the chance to see him live - although I would have loved it - so getting the chance to have a good quality video sounded perfect to me. Discovering the 14-song outing was available to download for less than $10, I was near giddy.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Needless to say, I had to scurry off to iTunes and download the video, which did take a bit of time, as it is 81 minutes of progressive bliss. It features live performances of all 9 songs from his solo album, Go, which I, of course, just love. Jónsi's music is so evocative, so moody, so wrought with tension, emotion, and joy, and the video proves the singer/songwriter delivers it all live. This is the song Go Do.



The following is a clip of one of my favorite songs, Boy Lilikoi, caught at the show by a fan. Both clips, one professional and the other amateur, give you a feel for the show, with the tremendous visuals, a feast for both the eyes and ears, just brilliant.



To get your own copy of the DVD, check out iTunes here. Remember, that is just for residents of Canada & the US. I purchased my copy, and have watched it more than once already, and certainly plan to watch it again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails