Saturday, March 5, 2011

Five on the 5th - March 2011

New 5 on the 5th Banner

It is March 5th, time for Stephen Chapman's Five on the Fifth posts. It seems Stephen have taken a bit of time to give the event a bit of a facelift, with a new look and feel. I really like it. So this month, Stephen suggested a theme could be "LINES," which I decided to go with, since it could have more than one meaning.

Photobucket
Back in 1983, my name (Howard Stump) appeared in a PLAYBILL for the very first time when I worked on the off-Broadway production of Fool For Love at the Circle Repertory Theatre Company in Greenwich Village. That one will line in the program meant so much to me.

Photobucket
What a difference a line can make. SIRPAUL knew it when he put the line through the 'equal' sign, making a statement about inequality.

Photobucket
I tend to like Mission-style furniture, which has some interesting lines, as far as I am concerned.

Photobucket
Stick around long enough, and you realize even your CD collection has bloodlines. It wasn't until after I owned Matt Morris' CD, When Everything Breaks Open, that I also owned two CDs of released by his father, purchased a couple of decades previously.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
My shelves are filled with lines, vertical lines. They are DVDs, CDs and Books. It surprised me how similar they were.

Hope you have enjoyed my entry. To check out others who have participated this month, stop by the official site of Five on the Fifth here.

6 comments:

  1. Love them, love them all. Nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Bloodlines' is brilliant! Love your pics this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the story, I really liked it. It was a brilliant approach to the theme if you ask me.

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics - bloodlines is brilliant.

    -nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you took the theme and turned it on its head! Good pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 and #2 are truly touching... thank you for sharing those and the others. it's a great set. thank you for giving it so much meaning. Best ~ Darci (aka i am witness)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails