Friday, May 20, 2011

Garrin Benfield Jams

I have been a fan of Garrin Benfield for several years, and somehow never managed to see him play live. I was beginning to think there was something the fates didn't like, but that has since changed. In the last 6 months, I have seen Benfield twice, in Philly in December and just last weekend in New York City. At the show at The Grape Room, I was blown away. This is a clip of Garrin performing his own composition, Colors In You.



This next clip is from the show in New York. I am so glad I went to it. In fact, I considered it a bit of a birthday present to myself, and I did a fine job choosing that one! I met up with some dear friends, and they also joined be at the show. Benfield was brilliant. Here is part of the song, The Loop, and in particular, the Jam section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails