Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Five on the 5th - July 2011

New 5 on the 5th Banner

It is the 5th of the month, time for Stephen Chapman's Five on the 5th posts. I am a tad late, because I was working on the photos, which I just took last night. This month, to celebrate the 25th month of this little photographic challenge, the theme is SILVER.

So I decided to take on the challenge of the theme, and decide how I would depict silver on here. I decided to gather up what 'silver' I had, and think a bit. So I was soon playing with the reflective quality of my metal, which was not real silver at all. And the following is what I ended up with.

Photobucket
I like the way the silver and blue beads caught the light.

Photobucket
Rubber Ducky checks himself out.

Photobucket
I like the distortion of the geometric shapes.

Photobucket
"Joe Bender" reaches for you...

Photobucket
Light. Hammered Metal.

Hope you enjoyed my pictures. For pictures from others, be sure to stop of Stephen's website here.

9 comments:

  1. Quite beautiful Howard! I need to remember to do this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics, Howard. I especially like the ducky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the chess-distortion. Spotting that is damn creative. Well done!

    Love
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, just lovely. The chess piece and the last picture were my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Behr, thank you, my sweet. You must join in!

    Cubby, thanks. I love the rubber ducky too!

    Daniel, Thanks so much. It was a tough theme this month!

    Biki, Thank you. It was fun trying to figure the theme out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That distorted chess board image is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephen, thanks so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howard, the rubber ducky looking at its' reflection takes the cake in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kyle, thank you. I was rather fond of it as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails