Saturday, February 4, 2012

Johnny Cash & Linda Ronstadt Duet

Linda Ronstadt Johnny Cash

Sometimes I am at a total loss for words - hard to imagine, I know, but it does happen. And when I try to figure out what to say about two people I respect so much, that is precisely what happens. And it is the case when the immortal Johnny Cash duets with one of the most remarkable voices ever, Linda Ronstadt. When Linda was breaking into the Country music, she appeared on Johnny's show a couple of times, between 1969 and 1971. Here they sing the traditional folk song I Never Will Marry. Much later, Ronstadt will record the song with another Country superstar, Dolly Parton, as part of her 1977 release, Simple Dreams. But here she sings with with The Man In Black.



And all I can do is sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails