Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brendan MacLean • Onlyonly

Picture 24
Picture 27 Picture 25

I am a fan of Brendan Maclean's music. I learned about him from the wonderful David Raleigh, and I always take the words of musicians to heart. I instantly had a real fondness for his EP, White Canvas. You can read about it here. And I was delighted to learn he is not only talented, but also an out and proud member of the Australian LGBT community.

Picture 23 Picture 28

I heard some rumors he was working on some new music, and was ecstatic to see word of a new music video on Facebook. When I checked it out, I was it was also a new single, and it was available for download. So, I hightailed it over to Bandcamp, and got my copy. And I am loving it. For me, Brendan is a musical powerhouse, much in the vein of Patrick Wolf, who I also adore. His are like inner dialogues, ones that have slipped out is a a weaker moment. There is this honesty in the work, but there is also a bombastic side that I find both enticing and intoxicating.



Like I said, as soon as I saw the video and discovered the single was available, I went straight to buy it. You can purchase the single OnlyOnly on iTunes and Bandcamp. You can also check him out on his official website.

Picture 26 Picture 30
Picture 31

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails