Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jimmy Durante Sings George M Cohan

Jimmy Durante

When I was but a wee child, I remember watching a myriad of celebrities on variety shows all the time. It is something that seems to have disappeared off the schedule, but I am grateful I got to see so much of it. One of those I remember watching was the amazingly quirky Jimmy Durante. Durante was a name in the entertainment industry from the 1920s to the 1970s, working as a singer, pianist, comedian and actor. He was recognized for his rather large nose, which he would often call his "Schnozzola". So I thought he would be a great artist to feature in this post, as he sang a medley of songs by George M. Cohan on his own variety program.



Hope your July 4th was a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails