Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stephen Leonard • Wanting It All



I only recently discovered the music of Chicago-based singer-songwriter Stephen Leonard, after he was mentioned by Tom Goss on Facebook. I went looking for his music, and have to say, I was impressed by the sound. His 2010 album, With A Pen, is great, and I have been enjoying it very much. So I was quite pleased when I saw last Friday, September 14, he released a new single. "Wanting It All" is a soulful ballad that starts off sounding like an acoustic take on a Motown classic, but then moves into an amazing classic-in-the-making. As Leonard makes to song soar, so does my heart, taking the ride with him.



You can purchase "Wanting It All" on iTunes, Amazon, and CD Baby. You could also click on the song above, and buy it from Bandcamp. To find out more about Stephen Leonard, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook, and 'follow' him on Twitter. I bought the single, and plan an playing it until a new album is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails