Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Six • Live Music in Wilmington

Gable Music The Six

Sorry I didn't have time to get together a more elaborate post, but last night I went to see some great music performed live in Wilmington, Delaware. Gable Music sponsored 'The 6,' where six invited singer/songwriters come to perform six of their songs. I really knew about it because I was invited by one of the artists, the brilliant Stewart Lewis. When  I looked at the list, I also saw the name of one of my Twitter friends, Michael Natrin. So neither I nor my sister could resist, and we foudn ourselves driving to Wilmington to check out the event. And, of course, I couldn't attend without both my still camera and my videocam, could I? I don't know what I would do with myself if I didn't. Well, I hope to get a post together very soon that includes pictures and individual video clips, but until then, enjoy this overview of the night.



It was great to see some musicians from here in Delaware. While Stewart is from DC, Joy Ike from Pittsburgh, and Elephants Gerald are from Baltimore, Lauren Kuhne, Sol Knopf, and Michael Natrin play for the home team! And the acts were introduced alternatively by Gayle Dillman and Jeremy Hebbel of Gable Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails