Thursday, October 24, 2013

Spencer Day at the World Cafe Live

Spencer Day photo SpencerDay004_zps1c67f84c.jpg
Spencer Day photo SpencerDay003_zps9e5e60a2.jpg Spencer Day photo SpencerDay002_zps37ddda3c.jpg
Spencer Day at the World Cafe Live! in Philadelphia.

I was beyond excited when I saw Spencer Day was going to perform live at the World Cafe Live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I've been a huge fan since I found the 'Vagabond' album, and that only grew stronger with the release of his latest, 'The Mystery of You'. The anticipation was so strong, I even had to check in with Spencer on Facebook, and make sure I could take pictures of the handsome jazzman. Once he gave the go ahead, I excitedly packed my cameras, both still and video. Above you will find a few of my pictures, and below an overview of Spencer's show, or Spencer Day in 8 minutes. He did a wonderful selection of songs from the Great American Songbook, as well as some favorite original songs from his own songbook. I can tell you I was feeling blissful from beginning to end, and can't wait to see Spencer live again!



Once I have it figured out, I will upload a couple of the songs from the show, but deciding on which is hard. They were all great! If he is playing anywhere near you, you need to go. Such a great night! For more about Spencer, visit his official website. You can also 'like' him on Facebook and 'follow' him on Twitter. Spencer's latest album, 'The Mystery of You', can be purchased from iTunes and Amazon. 'Vagabond' is also available for purchase from iTunes and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails