Friday, November 15, 2013

Date Night • We Once Were Tide

We Once Were Tide photo WeOnceWereTide_zpscd338c6c.jpg

When I found "We Were Once Tide" on YouTube, I decided to give it a try. The short film, written by Matthew Kyne Baskott and directed by Jason Bradbury, is a beautiful journey, as we watch Kyle and Anthony find a little warmth in a world filled with cold breezes and rocky shores. The two share an intimate relationship, a love that seems more set in the unstated. Kyle dreams a world with photography at the core, while Anthony has a very real life, taking care of his unwell mother. We peak a little into there lives, and I am amazed how much they make me care.



That was just so wonderful I thought the acting was subtle and so beautiful, with Tristan Bernays as Kyle and Alexander Scott as Anthony. And Mandy Aldridge was excellent as Anthony's mother. The story was told with such love and affection, I could not help but be drawn to the characters. So well written, and so beautifully directed, I loved every frame of this short. You can learn more about the filmmakers at their official website. The film is also a part of collection of shorts assembled by Light House Films, called 'Blue Briefs'. You can purchase 'Blue Briefs' from Amazon and the TLA Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails