Sunday, November 3, 2013

Midge Ure • Dear God

Midge Ure photo MidgeUre_zpsfd7b9907.jpeg

I readily admit I am a huge fan of Midge Ure and his music. I first discovered him when he was rocking out with Ultravox, with great guitar work and that amazing voice. I was sad when he left the band, for fear I would not be hearing him any more. But his solo career took off, with great songs like "If I Was" to make me very happy. He also worked side-by-side with Bob Geldof, writing "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and putting together the Live Aid concerts with him. But it was still the music for me, and I followed him closely. I loved 'The Gift', his solo debut, but I think 'Answers To Nothing' might be my favorite. The album was released in 1988, and featured some really great songs, including one of my favorites. I thought hearing "Dear God" seemed just what was in order for a Sunday morning, sung by the handsome Midge Ure.



I hope you are having a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails