Thursday, December 5, 2013

2013 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards • Best Performance In A Live Video & Best Comedy Video

Summer Osborne & I'Wante photo ROTVA2013SummerOampIWante_zpsca845809.jpg

I am pleased to showcase the recent winners of the 2013 RightOutTV Music & Video Awards, pointing a spotlight on a few of the many talented members of the LGBT community making music. This year, awards were given in 18 different categories, with 17 different acts receiving them. The awards are given by RightOutTV, a website founded by Marlee Walchuck and Tully Callender. The website promotes Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender artists, allowing a platform for their voices to be heard, and a place for those wanting to support them to visit on a regular basis. “If you watch the awards show you’ll see that we don’t just promote and award these artists because they’re gay. These are high-level, multi-talented, professionals with star quality,” says Marlee Walchuk, co-producer of the awards. “Even though most of these artists are not being heard on mainstream radio yet, they deserve every success enjoyed by their straight counterparts."

I continue this series by offering you some more great videos, the first of which is the one that was named Best Live Video. That honor went to Summer Osborne's "Grace". I first learned of Summer's music when she was nominated for a RightOutTV Music & Video Award in 2011, as well as 2012. I instantly loved her voice, so rich and sure, I had to check out more of her music. I now have a couple of her albums in my collection, including her latest, 'As I Am'. One of the tracks off the album, "Grace" is the source of Summer's 2013 nomination and win when she submitted a video of the singer/songwriter performing it live. The song shows a strength of craft, for it is a beautifully written song that is performed to perfection. This is Summer Osborne with her award-winning video for "Grace".



"Grace" can be found on the album 'As I Am', which can be purchased from iTunes, Amazon, and Bandcamp. The album is truly wonderful, and I would highly recommend it. To learn more about Summer Osborne, visit the official website. You can also 'follow' her on Twitter, and 'like' her on Facebook.

I have to be honest and say that when I saw the sinner of the category for Best Comedy Video, I had no idea who it was. I didn't judge any of the videos, and wasn't familiar with I'Wante, so I had to do a little bit of research. I'Wante is a comic rapper born in North Carolina who counts among his influences Chris Rock, Nicki Minaj, Weird Al Yankovic, Queen, and Lauryn Hill. He loves combining comedy and Hip-Hop, conveying his comedy through musical stories. And such is the case with his wining entry, "Niggah Please I Want Tiffany's & Co." I will mention that some might see his language as explicit or just wrong, but others will se it for the humor it is meant to be. So this is I'Wante with "Niggah Please I Want Tiffany's & Co.".



"Niggah Please I Want Tiffany's & Co." can be found on the album 'Fifty Shades of Gay', which can be purchased from iTunes, Amazon, and Bandcamp. To learn more about I'Wante, visit the official website. You can also 'follow' him on Twitter, and 'like' him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails