Monday, February 24, 2014

The Voice Season 6 Premieres Tonight

The Voice Season 6 photo TheVoiceSeason6_ring_zpsb66afb8e.jpg

Season 6 of NBC's 'The Voice' returns tonight with the first blind auditions of 2014. Through the first five seasons, the blind auditions have been the most exciting episodes of reality television music I have seen. We briefly get to know an artist getting ready to audition, and see them walk on stage, not knowing what to expect once the music begins to play. Well, that is not entirely true, for what we have learned is that there are no bad auditions, people seeking attention even if it is for performing badly. I remember the first season, and the excitement of watching and hearing Javier Colon sing "Time After Time" and Vicci Martinez sing "Rolling in the Deep", Nakia talk on Cee-Lo Green's "Forget You" and Beverly McClellan give us some Janis on "Piece of my Heart". This is a clip of Javier Colon, the winner of Season 1, singing Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time".



In Season 4, there were several auditions that impressed me. This was the season when Shakira and Usher joined Blake Shelton and Adam Levine as coaches, which I found to be a wonderful surprise. But, as I said, several of the auditions were memorable. I loved Judith Hill, and truly enjoyed Midas Whale. The Swon Brothers intrigued me, and Sasha Allen was just so impressive. But it was the audition of Michelle Chamuel that grabbed me right away. It was a harbinger of things to come, for she was impressive all season, finishing a close second. This is Michelle Chamuel auditioning with Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl".



Fast forward to Season 5 of 'The Voice', and a whole new series of auditions. This season, there was only one that really stopped me cold in my tracks, making me stop, look, and listen. When Jamaican singer Tessanne Chin took to the stage and began singing the opening lines of "Try", the song by the wonderful Pink, I was instantly engaged, and wanting more. Her voice is so rich, and so strong, I knew she would be special to watch as she sung her way to the title. This is Tessanne's audition, as she sings "Try" by Pink.



Tonight the journey begins once again. Season 6 begins on February 24, 2014, at 8PM on your local NBC station. To learn more about 'The Voice', visit the official website. You can also 'like' them on Facebook, and 'follow' them on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails