Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Brett Gleason • I Am Not

 photo IAmNot003_zpse7e4f797.jpg
 photo IAmNot002_zps51893c72.jpg  photo IAmNot005_zps26ea8b8f.jpg

The first song I heard by rocker Brett Gleason was "I Am Not", and I have been hooked on his music since. The Brooklyn-based songwriter had carved out a sound, a style, that was part Progressive Rock, part Alternative, both served with a big helping of heart and soul. All of the songs on his first EP, 'The Dissonance', had such a a strong core, I was quite excited when I head Brett was going back in the studio to rerecord those songs, as well as those on his second EP, 'The Thawing'.

 photo IAmNot001_zps8f6a019f.jpg

I was also pleased to see Brett reworked his music video for "I Am Not" with the new new version off his self-titled full-length album. There is an added depth to the song, and it works so very well with the horror theme of the video. There is a strong inner dialog with much of Brett's work, and this video captures that so very well. I hope you enjoy Brett Gleason's "I Am Not" music video.



It still remains a special song for me, and not just because it was my 'first'. There is something about the song I find intriguing, no matter how many times I hear it. And I do that often, listening to Brett's album on my iPod. Recently, he kept me company as I was cutting the grass. You can purchase 'Brett Gleason' from iTunes, Amazon, and BandCamp. For more about Brett, you can check out his official website. You can also 'follow' him on Twitter and Tumblr, and 'like' him on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails